Thursday, September 16, 2010

Capisce?

Since my brother and cousins were young, I've always enjoyed "little kid language". You know, the made up words they say because they can't pronounce something correctly or because they don't understand the proper forms of speech yet. Just last year, when I was still working full-time, I loved hearing stories about one of my co-worker's sons and the silly things he would say.

Leah's now at that age where she's really trying to say everything, even if it doesn't always come out right. Her language improves each week, and she's always adding new words or phrases to her vocabulary. Along with that comes her "little kid language" that I am relishing. These are some recent highlights:

"Too fit" - A combination of "too big" and "doesn't fit"
"Feel better" - When she means that something sounds good, she says this
"I like it that" - Again, a combo of "I like it" and "I like that" ;)
"Dina-sino" - Dinosaur (from Toy Story)

It's fun, and I'm curious to see what she'll come up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment