For me, life with Leah...
- ...is being there to watch her grow, learn, and figure things out in her own way. To cheer her on, to be amazed by all she picks up.
- ...is deciding to bake cookies on a Tuesday morning, just because.
- ...is enjoying Storytime at the library, spending an afternoon at the park, or meeting for a playdate with a friend.
- ...is piling a toddler and the dogs in the car and struggling to keep them all under control in the vet's waiting area.
- ...is a constant up and down. Literally. For instance, I give her cereal and then sit down. A minute later, she wants a sippy of milk (why, when there's milk in her cereal, is beyond me). Give her the sippy, sit down. Another minute or two passes and she needs a napkin. I don't think I'll have a meal with zero interruptions until she moves out.
- ...is having an excuse to do cheesy things, like making heart-shaped pizzas for Valentines Day or wearing green shirts and making green frosted treats for St. Patty's Day.
- ...is singing and dancing around the house, to the tunes of The Wiggles or simply what's on the radio without a care about how you sound or look.
- ...is losing your patience, yelling too much, and making mistakes. And then apologizing and explaining that Momma probably needs a timeout.
- ...is being so grateful for her forgiveness, her love, and her snuggles. Nothing melts me more than, "I love you too, Momma".
- ...is realizing what's important and what I can let slide or do without.
Some days are hard, some days feel terribly long, and sometimes we're both so happy to see Dan walk through the door in the evening. Still, this has been one of the greatest years ever in my life and I am thankful that I have this opportunity to simply be a mom.