So, that is what we're planning to do next Halloween. :D
However, we may have made the mistake of already telling Leah this. Naturally, she was curious about what we were looking at on the computer since we seemed rather excited by the whole thing. So, we showed her some pictures of Disney World, telling her it was "Mickey's House", and showed her Cinderella's castle. We told her we'd like to go there sometime, where we could see so many of the characters she knows and loves from her favorite movies.
And now, every single day, she talks about who we're going to see "at the sandcastle" (because, yes, ever since going to the beach, every castle is a sandcastle!). Here's a sampling of what we hear regularly:
- "Are Bolt, kitty Mittens, and Rhino going to be at the sandcastle?"
- "I want to hug Cinderella and Snow White."
- "I want to sit next to Miss Piggy."
- "The Wiggles won't be at the sandcastle. They're at their house."
- "I don't want to see the mean ones, just the nice ones." (the mean ones are the villians - Scar, Jafar, the Wicked Queen, and so on)
- "Simba, Pumba, and the meerkat - they'll be at the sandcastle?"
- "Ariel, Sebastian, and Flounder - they'll be at the sandcastle?"
- "Woody, Buzz, and Jessie - they'll be at the sandcastle? And Rex and Slinky Dog and..."
You get the picture, I'm sure. ;) Whenever we put on a different movie or she remembers a different character, she asks about whether or not they'll be there and tells us if she wants to hug them or sit next to them. It's awesome she's so excited (and frankly, so are we!) yet it's obviously difficult to convey to her that it's going to be a loooooong time until we go. It may be a long year...
...but on the plus side, when I asked Leah if I could hug Flynn Ryder, she said yes. ;)