Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Snippets

Kids say funny things. And sweet things. I might remember something that Leah has said long enough to tell Dan over dinner, or to post it on Facebook if I'm near the computer... but often, I forget. I'll remember that there was something notable I wanted to share, but then my mind draws a complete blank later. Darn.

However, a friend of mine has inspired me. She created a blog simply to document the funny things her kids say. They're one or two line posts and they're hilarious. On top of that, she gave me a great tip: many blog programs have iPhone apps to make it quick & easy to post. I did a quick search and sure enough, Blogger has one! (By the way, I have a new iPhone, thanks to a free upgrade and my mom's family plan - it is awesome.) So, while I'll still compose longer posts on various happenings here, you may also see more quick, short posts with just a silly quote from Leah or maybe a photo of something she's drawn, etc. The goal is get more of the everyday moments documented, as those will be invaluable to look back on in the future. :)

Two of those items before I forget:
  • Earlier this month, when we had Leah's birthday party, we explained that she could put her blankie or any toys she did not want to share with friends in our bedroom. During the party, some of the kids were continually squeezing Dodge's favorite squeak toy (which of course got him all excited!). I noticed at some point that Leah picked up that squeak toy and put it in our bedroom, so Dodge didn't have to share his favorite thing either. ;)
  • Today is Leah's first dentist visit. When I reminded her last night, she complained that she didn't want to go. She's been with me before to observe and to see my teeth cleaned, and I explained that she'll get to watch me again before it's her turn. She said, "When it's my turn, I'm going to walk away!" Haha!

1 comment:

  1. haha...I wish I had though to write down more of their funny sayings too.

    I hope she did well at the dentist. My crazy kids love going. Right down to my babies. The dentist has always been baffled that my two year olds will climb in the chair and sit down for a full cleaning. They even did x-rays of little Katy and she was fine with that. Carrie is my only kid who is mellow in general...the rest just really want to visit the treasure box at the dental office I guess.

    ReplyDelete