Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You talkin' to me?

Leah's always been a chatterbox, even with her baby babble, though it seems like her language has had another explosion in the past week or so. She is constantly imitating words and phrases from us or from movies she's watching. She's trying to sing a lot more songs now too - she impressed me by singing a verse from "Here We Go 'Round the Mulberry Bush" in Target yesterday, all in the correct rhythm and doing The Wiggles' hand motions as she sang.

Her most used phrases lately include:

"Look at me!" - usually said with her blankie over her head
"Funny guy/Daddy/Popel/Leah!" - everyone is funny these days
"Ice cream? Ice cream goooood!" - no longer calling it "cuh cuh"
"Come on!" - she uses this to help call the dogs or to keep Momma from browsing in Target ;)
"Eye you." (Love you.) - She's been saying this every time we hug. It's the best.

I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. But she's definitely using more and more "real" words instead of baby babble and talking in lots of sentences, which is exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Before you know it.. you'll be wishing she didn't talk so much lol. Natasha talks my ear off everyday and I actually have to listen b/c she gets upset if I don't. WTG Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, everyone says that but I'm one of those that hated when she couldn't communicate with me as an infant. So far, the talking is like music to my ears. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete