Monday, June 29, 2009

New Things

I was hoping to write up a big post yesterday, and include some pictures, but my little stinker didn't nap! She took one teeny catnap (maybe 20 minutes long) in the car on the way to meet the new caregiver. That's IT. She was up from 7:30am to 8:30pm. I don't know how she did it because I was tired by 7:00 last night! lol Thankfully, she was happy and pleasant all day, and really, all weekend. Leah's top two molars have come all the way through the gums and her mood has significantly improved. She's back to being our fun, silly monkey. :)

So, like I mentioned, we met with the new caregiver - Sarah. Everything went well and I really liked a lot of what she had to say. She has two young kids of her own, ages 6 and 4, and they were very interested in Leah (maybe a little too much, as they kept wanting to touch her!) and Leah was fascinated by them as well. The most telling thing, for me, was the fact that Leah seemed comfortable pretty quickly. She was babbling to the kids, she smiled at Sarah, she played with a few toys, and even let us set her down on the floor without freaking out. Granted, Dan & I were still there but I was very encouraged by her comfort level. I don't doubt that the separation anxiety will come out, but I do think this home environment will be so much better in the long run.

Sarah is in the process of moving (her house was still full of boxes) so she asked if we could give her a week to finish setting up. We're already paid up at the daycare center through this week so that's no big deal. Dan is off on Friday for the holiday weekend so Leah only has 4 days left anyway. :)

Over the past week or so, Leah's really been demonstrating her understanding of a bunch of things. She tries to blow kisses. When you ask if you can go change her diaper, she starts walking toward her bedroom. :) Yesterday, she handed me a toy cup and said "Ba!" to tell me that she wanted her sippy cup. We're working on identifying body parts and she definitely knows her belly. She's getting the hang of mouth and nose, and sometimes her feet. She also knows that I usually put my flip flops on before we go outside because she pointed to them the other day and started waving bye! I love all this cuteness. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! They're slowly started to say all these little words and understand so much, it amazes me. Glad you found a good daycare for her, hopefully she'll adjust quickly!

    ReplyDelete