Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baking Cookies

Earlier today, Leah helped me make chocolate chip cookies! It was the first time doing this type of activity with her, and she did well. I measured out the dry ingredients and asked her to put them into a larger bowl... she didn't quite understand my direction and placed her fingers into the sugar/flour in order to transfer them to the bowl, rather than lifting the measuring cup and dumping all of its contents. It's actually really interesting to see how her mind works, as I'm expecting a different response in my own head. ;)

Still, by the time we got to adding the chocolate chips, she had figured out what I was instructing and picked up the cup to pour the chips into the dough. She did a great job stirring the dry ingredients together, and stirring the final dough. As you might expect, she's also a great batter tester too. ;)  In fact, she seemed very frustrated that we had to spoon the cookie dough onto baking sheets and leave it there to bake. Clearly, she wanted the dough all to herself. Who can blame her? That's the best part!

1 comment: